Minds Often Wander

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sprushes

As a graduation and early Christmas present I was presented with a box and the box was large, but light, I was sort of concerned nothing was in it. But, I opened it and to my surprise they had a small four piece sprush kit.

I had a few chances to use them before finally using them the other day. Just the thought of them excited me but scared me at the same time.

I had spoken with a student at the institute about different brushes, and she being new to the world of cosmetology was curious as to what Sprushes were, so I brought in my kit.

While I was wandering on the floor everyone seemed to be amazed by them, I let two students who were doing color applications borrow them to see how they liked them first. From there I gained the confidience to use them. The one student who I let use the slightly larger sprush thought they were difficult and wasn't terribly crazy about them, but she thought they'd be better suited for highlighting since Aveda's Enlightener is slightly thicker than color. The other student on the otherhand, loved them to death.

Just a few days ago, I got the chance to use them, they did definatly have a learning curve since I was used to a regular bristle brush that I had to just dip and go, with these I had to scoop a little then go to town. I was highlighting on long hair, but I too fell in love with them.

They definatly do save product, and to me that's invaluable. :) Can't wait to use them again!

No comments: